3/1/10

Orientation

Orientation was an interesting experience. Hundreds of students driven like cattle into Lawlor Events Center. I hardly remember it, which is odd. I'm sure it was supposed to be a memorable experience.

What I do remember clearly was when all the College of Liberal Arts freshmen met in Nightingale Hall. Talking to us about what to expect, the grand and awesome things the Liberal Arts College does. Then they broke us up into groups, dismissing us by major to go to our respective orientation tracks. Art majors, music majors, etc. The room began to barely thin. And then, with a massive group left, they dismissed the psychology majors. I think that's when I first started to doubt my choice. The sheer number of students that stood up said to me that many of us hadn't thought our decision through fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment